You are my sunshine

When I woke up this morning, Fruitcake had left me 23 (that's twenty three!) offline messages. Something very exciting had happened to her, and her enthusiasm was seriously contagious! Among those messages were the words to this little song, and after reading them, that simple melody got stuck on my head all day... Until I finally decided to grab the guitar and just sing it, to see if I could get it out!

It's just a wee thing, but the song itself carries some pretty (and fun!) memories, so I thought I'd post it. I recorded it based on a little known Carlie Simon version. I'm posting the raw draft, so you'll have an idea of how I spend my breaks at work. (There's an advantage in working from home, you know).

2 comments:

  1. hi, Vicky,

    nice blog!

    just wanted to say, I'm glad you liked my Roy Dotrice interview ;-)

    tho it was long ago, he was very nice & cool when I met him.

    take care!

    Kris Gilpin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks for stopping by, Kris! That interview was a real treat for this diehard BATB fan.

    I haven't had time for the blog in a while, but I plan to keep adding things. I'm glad you like it. :-)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete